Susan G. Komen St. Louis grants support to non-profit organizations and governmental institutions in our service area for innovative, non-duplicative, evidence-based projects in the areas of breast health and breast cancer screening, education and support programs targeting services not otherwise available to the medically underserved populations in our 17-county Missouri/Illinois service area.
Komen St. Louis funding is limited and awarded through a competitive process. All grant applications are subjected to rigorous review by an independent panel of local professionals from varied backgrounds, including medicine, business, public health, and breast cancer survivors. This panel is responsible for making the final decisions regarding grant awards.
Grant awards are for one year (April 1 - March 31). Organizations receiving Komen St. Louis grant awards must re-apply each year.
Eligibility Criteria for Community-Based Grant Applications:
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria to be considered for funding:
• All past and current Komen-funded grants or awards to applicant are up-to-date and in compliance with Komen requirements.
• Applicant has tax exempt status under the Internal Revenue Service code.
• Applicants must be U.S. nonprofit organizations or governmental institutions located in or providing services in the Komen St. Louis service area, which includes the following counties:
Missouri: City of St. Louis; Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln, Madison, Montgomery, Perry, St. Charles, St. Francois, St. Louis, Ste. Genevieve, Warren, Washington
Illinois: Clinton, Madison, Monroe, St. Clair
• Project must be specific to breast health and/or breast cancer; e.g. if a project is for a women’s health project, funding may ONLY be requested for the breast cancer portion.
• For Missouri applicants applying for screening funding, the organization must be a BCCCP provider through Show Me Healthy Women. For Illinois applicants requesting screening funding, there must be an established relationship with a lead agency for Illinois BCCCP (IBCCCP).
• If applicant, or any of its key employees, directors, officers or agents is convicted of fraud or a crime involving any other financial or administrative impropriety, then applicant is not eligible to apply for a grant during this current cycle and will not be eligible to apply for a new grant until the later of 12 months after the conviction or until applicant can demonstrate that appropriate remedial measures have been taken to ensure that any criminal misconduct does not recur.
• If awarded, the organization must possess adequate insurance. Higher risk programs (providing screening/treatment) must possess: (i) commercial general liability insurance with combined limits of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 in the aggregate for bodily injury, including death, and property damage; and (ii) excess/umbrella insurance, excess to the insurance set forth in (i) above, with a limit of not less than $5,000,000. Lesser amounts may be acceptable for some organizations.
Funds may be used for the following types of program expenses:
• Salaries and fringe benefits for program staff. Salaries, if requested are for personnel or work related to this project ONLY and not the general work of employee. Funding for fringe benefits is limited to 25% of salary related to breast health project.
• Consultant fees
• Clinical services or patient care costs
• Other direct program expenses
Funds may not be used for the following purposes:
• Medical or scientific research
• Scholarships or fellowships
• Construction or renovation of facilities
• Political campaigns or lobbying
• Debt reduction
• Indirect costs (e.g. office space rent and utilities) or equipment costs (e.g. laptop, projector)
Click here for approved Reimbursement Rates.
Link to Komen Grants eManagement System (GeMS): https://affiliategrants.komen.org/Login2.aspx?APPTHEME=KOMEN
||Request for Applications (RFA)
December/Date & Time TBA
||Grant Application Review
||Notice of Grant Awards/Denials
If you have any questions regarding Komen St. Louis grants, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 314.569.3900.