Why do we fundraise to fight breast cancer?
- Because today in Greater St. Louis and southwestern Illinois, six people will be diagnosed with breast cancer
- Because this week in Greater St. Louis and southwestern Illinois, eight people will lose their lives to breast cancer
- Because this month in Greater St. Louis and southwestern Illinois, 67 people will be diagnosed with late-stage breast cancer
- Because breast cancer knows no boundaries. It
affects people of every age, gender, socio-economic status and location.
- Because African American women in the Greater St. Louis region have a
breast cancer death rate 40% higher than the national rate.
- Because it’s time to take action! It's time to be More Than Pink™.
We can fight these statistics
together. Join the breast cancer movement by fundraising for the Komen Greater
St. Louis Race for the Cure®.
Your fundraising has the
power to make a true impact. Just consider how far we have come, thanks in part
to supporters like you:
- In Komen Missouri's 18 years of
service, we have provided more than $30
million to fund programs in our community to provide breast
cancer screenings, breast health education, and patient navigation and support services.
- Komen Missouri has contributed $10 million to fund cutting-edge breast cancer research
- The national Race for the Cure®
series has raised more than $2
billion to help fund research, education, screening and
- In 1980, the 5-year relative
survival rate for women diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer was about
Today, that number is 99
Race for the Cure® is your
opportunity to turn your support for the breast cancer movement into action.
Prove that you are More
Than Pink™, and help us end
breast cancer forever.
For more information on the 2017 Komen Greater St. Louis Race, to register or to donate, please click here.