Survivors are the stars of the Komen St. Louis Race for the Cure and an inspiration to us all! We will celebrate breast cancer survivors at the 16th Annual Komen St. Louis Race through these features:
Breast cancer survivors who register for the Race are invited to bring one registered guest to the Survivor Pavilion to:
- Enjoy a complimentary breakfast, conversation and fellowship with other survivors
- Visit the photobooth and take home a special photo memory
- Relax with a mini massage
- Register to win great prizes in survivors-only raffles
Race Day Events
6:30 am – Survivor Pavilion Opens
7:25 am – Survivor Procession begins, ending at the Main Stage for a Survivor Serenade and group photo
All breast cancer survivors who register for the Race receive a specially designed commemorative pin.
A Tribute to Breast Cancer Survivors
Zeta Tau Alpha and Bank of America are honored to sponsor the Survivor Recognition Program and provide the following:
- Survivor T-Shirts – Bright pink T-shirts for each breast cancer survivor to wear during the Komen St. Louis Race and throughout the year
- Survivor Caps – Bright pink caps for each breast cancer survivor to wear during the Komen St. Louis Race and to keep as a special souvenir
- “In Celebration of…” Back Signs – for Race participants who run in celebration of breast cancer survivors; these can be picked up at the Race Registration Blitz or on Race day outside the Survivor Pavilion
- “In Memory of…” Back Signs – for Race participants who run in memory of those who have lost their lives to this disease; these can be picked up at the Race Registration Blitz or on Race day outside the Survivor Pavilion
The Breast Cancer Survivor Recognition Program is sponsored by Zeta Tau Alpha and Bank of America.
Zeta Tau Alpha Fraternity, in partnership with the ZTA Foundation, has been providing support for Susan G. Komen since 1992. The ZTA St. Louis Alumnae Chapter and area ZTA collegiate and alumnae members have proudly supported the Komen St. Louis Race since the inaugural Race in 1999. Visit Zeta Tau Alpha at www.zetataualpha.org.
Bank of America associates have a long history of volunteering and participating in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.